Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dad Comes to See The Show

OK, so today was a big one for me. In four tours with Theatreworks, plus Slim Goodbody, today was the first time either of my parents have seen me perform in a Theater for Young Audiences production (my main mode of employment over the last three years). TYA is a hard-enough thing to explain to a complete stranger, but even more difficult to describe to the 'rents. Dad had the honor, and he picked quite a performance. We had a packed house of kids who went crazy for us and a stellar show that went off without a single hitch. I couldn't have asked for better. And seeing my father's reaction backstage, even knowing how supportive both of my parents have been ever since I took up this crazy avocation/profession at the age of 8, well, it just made me want to jump for joy. I feel like now, regardless of what they thought I might have been doing on these tours, they completely get it and, clearly, they love it!



Call tomorrow: 6:30am, 108th and Amsterdam. We're off to Red Bank, NJ, as the week of local shows continues.

Kid Quote of the Day: We wound up having to reset in full view of a bunch of kids. Every single time a character walked out onstage, they would cheer. And, eventually, they just started chanting "Cow" over and over again.

Colleen Tractor Quote of the Day: "Ethan Marc Angelica!! Time's a wastin'! Put away your tractor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment